Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Brawl XLV!!

Geez! Who would have thought that Super Bowl Day would turn into Super Brawl Day?! Not me that's for sure! So over the last year my mom and I have been butting heads! But on Sunday everything bowled over!
We have been put in a hard spot over the last little while! She is working to support the family after my stepdad left and my sister and I had been home essentially raising our little brother and taking household needs under our belts! Now that our brother is starting school my mom has been pushing job searching onto us! There are just a couple problems with that! 1) We can't both get jobs together so it will take a little time. 2) We only have one car to share. 3) We have to work our schedules around making sure we have someone home when our little brother is home from school. 4) We are far enough away from other towns that paying for driving isn't worth the pay we would get. 5) We are in the middle of a flippin recession in a town that has 1/2 the jobs required for the amount of people living here!! What more can she expect us to do!? The only jobs available require you to either have a college degree, biligual abilities or experience pertaining to the job! The first two I do not have and the third how the crap do I get that experience if you won't hire me so I can learn?!
So now we are stuck at home searching for jobs along with the rest of the towns population hoping that we will happen to beat out someone else for a job!! Meanwhile we have to hear about our "lack of effort" everyday of our lives from our mom! How is this fair? I have given up 4 years of my life to raise your child, clean your house and make your food and now all of a sudden none of that matters and I am just a moocher? Yeah Thanks for that!
I hate fighting with my mother! I hate having to say things that might make her sad or mad! She is my mother! BUT when you are beat down everyday for putting your best effort into your everyday life something in you starts to break! Be it self esteem or self control I do not know! But there hits a point when you cannot take it anymore and you have to stick your neck on that chopping block and hope that the words coming out of your mouth will still the axe for at least a little while longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers