Thursday, May 6, 2010

Time in Retrospect

It's quite sad how in our current state we seem to underestimate how quickly time is passing our busy little lives right by! In retrospect we are the tractor driving 10 mph on a busy highway while a Ferrari driving 100 mph is zooming right past us! We are soo focused on what we have to get done that we don't relize that we are being left in Time's dust! Just yesterday it seems I said goodbye to my best friend as he left for his LDS Mission in Rome, Italy! Well that sounds about right except for I have blinked my eyes a few thousand times and suddenly he will be hopping on a plan later tonight on his way back home after 2 years! Suddenly my mind has been sent into a whirlpool of confusion as to where the time has gone! I have not made enough progress to count for 2 years of time! Where was I on the highway of life while the Ferrari of time was whipping past me?! Asleep in the back of my pontiac? It seems like all too often in life we have moments like these where we stop, look back and go "What the crap happened?!" Suddenly instead of being the person looking to the future you are the one who wishes you could go back! I know I do that all too often in my life! There are soo many times I remember thinking ahead about all of the things I want to do and be! Then after a period of time I look back and regret not living more in the moment! Wishing I had the opportunity to change decisions I had made and things I had said to people! Sadly some of the things I regret are those that I couldn't really change... things that I really had no power over and yet I am still sitting here wishing that instead of dreaming about tomorrow that I was living in today! Thankfully though the one mistake I made 2 years ago hasn't affected me in the present! I have trully been given a second chance thanks to that same best friend coming home! He is the reason I have been able to realize this and hopefully he will continue to be my reason for live in every moment that God has granted me in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers