Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Night At The Movies

I hate it when you look forward to something forever and then when it finally comes it lets you down! I'm not talking floating to the ground with a parachute! I am talking pushed out of an airplane with 20 pound weights tied to each ankle, strapped to a backpack filled with rocks and the pilot waving saying "see ya sucker!" This is how I feel right at this moment!
It like when you read a book! It's the best book you have ever read in your life! You can't put it down until you finish it and even when you do finish you can't wait to pick it back up and re-read it! Then one day you find out they are making it into a movie! You wait 1-2 years imagining how awesome this movie is going to be and you are already making your budget to buy the movie and soundtrack! The day has come and you walk into the theater feeling more excited than you have ever felt in your life and sit down fidgeting waiting for the lights to dim! 2 hours later.... You trudge out of the theater feeling as though your world has been completely shattered! The actors don't fit the part, the music doesn't set the mood, the story line doesn't follow the book whatsoever and the movie just looks all around cheap! You just spent around $25 on a movie that you hated! All of your hopes from the last 2 years completely dashed! Your dreams ripped right out from underneath your feet! All you can think of is "Why?" Why is the movie soo much worse than the book? Why did the story line change? Why were those actors soo wrong in their roles? Why did they pick that music? Why did I get my hopes up?
This is exactly how I feel as of this moment! I know those of you reading this are wondering "What book and movie is she talking about?" Well it's not about a book or a movie! I have had that happen many times and I get over it and move on! But when this instance happens with an event in your life it is harder to accept and try and figure out how to move on! Because, unlike a movie where the producers, writers and directors and the ones controlling how the movie looks and sounds, there isn't anyone messing with my book! So when something suddenly changes it is hard for me to accept because I don't know what changed, how or when it changed, who did it or why..... I am just the person walking out of a theater of a movie that let me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers